Skip navigation
Electrical Market Data
Chart.jpg

State-Level GDP Data Offers Insight into Concerns Over Industrial Market Slowdown

Check out EM's tips on how to use the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis' regional GDP data to get a picture of local economic growth trends.

You hear about U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) all of the time in the general business press, because folks use it as a quick-and-easy reference point for the overall health of the national economy. In most cases GDP covers a bit too much ground to have a direct correlation to the electrical economy, because the two customer segment that dominate the electrical wholesaling industry — construction (4% of GDP) and manufacturing (11% of GDP) — only account for a combined total of 15% of

All access premium subscription

Only Electrical Marketing newsletter subscribers have access to premium content.


Being a subscriber to the Electrical Marketing newsletter allows you exclusive access to high value content including key economic indicators measuring the health of the market and access to the Electrical Price Index and other important industry insights.

Sign up for the Electrical Marketing newsletter to get access.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish