Lumileds and Auto Lighting Valued at $3.3 Billion in Philips Sale to GO Scale Capital Photo courtesy of Royal Philips

Lumileds and Auto Lighting Valued at $3.3 Billion in Philips Sale to GO Scale Capital

Following the transaction, the new company will continue under the name Lumileds, led by CEO Pierre-Yves Lesaicherre.

Royal Philips announced an agreement with a consortium led by GO Scale Capital to buy an 80.1% interest in Philips’ combined Lumileds LED components and Automotive Lighting businesses, with Philips retaining the remaining 19.9% interest. The transaction values the business at an enterprise value of approximately $3.3 billion. Philips expects to receive cash proceeds, before tax and transaction related costs, of approximately $2.8 billion and a deferred contingent payment of up to $100 m

All access premium subscription

Only Electrical Marketing newsletter subscribers have access to premium content.


Being a subscriber to the Electrical Marketing newsletter allows you exclusive access to high value content including key economic indicators measuring the health of the market and access to the Electrical Price Index and other important industry insights.

Sign up for the Electrical Marketing newsletter to get access.

TAGS: Lighting
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish